Butter chicken ⭐
🏷️ Quick info (1⭐)
Description: Chicken with tomato-butter sauce and indian spices
Category: Main dish
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 4 ➕
- 500 g chicken breasts/thighs
- 400 g canned chopped tomatoes
- 3 pcs onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp ground fresh ginger
- 5 tbsp butter
- 150 ml cream
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 pinch cayanne pepper
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- some fresh coriander
- Cut chicken into about 2 cm cubes, add salt, pepper and 1 tsp turmeric. Then mix and let rest for ~15 minutes.
- Cut up onions to small squares, but not too fine to keep them juicy.
- Smash/grind garlic and fresh ginger, mix into the cut onion.
- Mix the rest of the seasonings in a cup.
- Bring a pan with 1 tbsp of butter to high heat, then add seasoned chicken and rapidly fry.
- After the surface of the chicken is fried nicely, take the meat out and store for later. (It doesn't have to be done through, you will cook it some more with the rest.)
- Add 2 tbsp of butter to the pan and throw in the onion mix. Fry a bit, then add the seasoning mix and fry for a bit longer (but try not to burn the seasoning).
- When the onion is clear, add canned chopped tomatoes to the pan and bring to boil.
- Add back the fried chicken pieces, pour in the cream and cook for 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, turn off the heater, add the last 2 tbsp of butter and mix.
- Server with plain rice or naan bread, top off with fresh coriander and a bit of cream.