The Church's secret cake ⭐
🏷️ Quick info
Description: gluten-free cake with walnuts and raspberries
Category: Main dish
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 8 ➕
- 120 g ground walnuts
- 120 g powdered sugar
- 1 tbs ground coffee
- 6 eggs
- 130 g ground walnuts
- 100 g powdered sugar
- 200 g sour cream
- 200 g raspberries
- 500 ml whipping cream
- 50 g sliced almonds
- 50 g walnuts, roughly chopped
- Separate the eggs yolks and egg whites into 2 bowls.
- Mix the egg yolks with sugar until pale and fluffy, then add coffee and walnuts.
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer until you have firm foam.
- Combine two mixtures by slowly adding whites to yolks in multiple additions (be careful not to deflate them too much)
- Bake the mixture in a cake tin at 180 °C for 5 min, then lower the temperature to 150 °C and bake for 40 min.
- Let cool in the oven completely.
Filling and toppings
- Combine the ground walnuts with sugar and sour cream, let sit in the refrigerator until firm (at least 2 hours)
- Whip the cream to soft peak, optionally, stabilise it with mascarpone cheese or locally accessible products (smeta-fix)
- Toast the chopped walnuts and almond slices until slightly brown. Let cool.
Split the cake in 2 and fill with filling and raspberries. Cover the top and the sides with whipped cream and sprinkle with almonds and wanuts.