Red Lentil Soup With Coconut Milk ⭐
🏷️ Quick info
Category: Main dish
No image uploaded
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 4 ➕
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 cm piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 0.5 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 200 g red lentils
- 400 g can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 400 g can coconut milk
- Lime wedges (for serving)
- Fry onion, until softened and golden brown, 8–10 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry powder, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, lentils coriander, a salt, and 500 ml water, season with pepper.
- Set aside 70 ml coconut milk for serving and add remaining coconut milk to saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until lentils are soft but not mushy, 20–25 minutes.
- Season soup with more salt and pepper if needed.