Kačka s lokšami a červenou kapustou ⭐
🏷️ Quick info (1⭐)
Description: roasted duck with potato "pancakes" and red cabbage
Cuisine: slovak / czech
Category: Main dish
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 4 ➕
- 4 duck tights or duck breasts, skin on
- 500 g red sour cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 400 g potatoes
- 130 g flour
- 1 tsp salt
- duck fat for potato "pancakes" (can be replaced with melted butter)
- black pepper and caraway seeds
- Wash and clean the duck tights (remove any remaining feathers)
- Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper and crushed caraway seeds and let it rest for at least 30 min in a room temperature.
- Place the meat into a baking dish, cover with aluminium foil and bake in preheated oven (180 °C) for 30 min. Next, add a bit of a boiling water to baking dish and let the meet bake until it is tender (cc. another 30 min).
- At the end of the baking process remove the aluminium foil and let the duck roast until the skin is crisp (if you have a grill in the oven, use it).
For duck breast I would highly recommend using sous vide technique if possible.
- Cut the onion in half and then slice it.
- Fry the sliced onion in a bit of oil or duck fat on a pan with a lid.
- Add cabbage, salt, pepper and whole caraway seed to taste.
- Add a bit of a boiling water, cover the pan and let the cabbage steam for 30 min. Stir occasionally.
- Boil the potatoes with a skin on until soft, then let cool.
- Grate the potatoes on a fine cheese grater.
- Add the flour and 1 tsp of salt and form a dough.
- Sprinkle a lot of flour on your working surface and roll the dough into thin flat disk of desired size.
- Dry fry "pancakes" on a non stick pan with no oil whatsoever. Pop any bubbles that form with a knife. Traditional Lokše should have little "well fried spots" (someone may say burnt).
- Spred the duck fat on each Lokeš while still hot.