Onion soup with cheese toast ⭐
No image uploaded
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 4 ➕
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 600 g onion
- 6 pcs allspice/pimento
- 4 pcs bayleaf
- 200 ml white wine
- 1.2 l veggie or chicken bouillon
- ground white pepper
- 4 pcs egg yolk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pcs baguette
- 120 g brie/hermelín
- olive oil
- Cut onions into circles, then use a pot to warm some oil and fry the onions until golden.
- Add allspice, bayleaf, wine and boil the mix hard for 5 minutes.
- Add bouillon, salt, pepper and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the soup is still hot, mix in egg yolks and add some butter to soften the consistency.
- Warm up oven on grill mode. Cut the baguette into sideway slices, sprinkle with olive oil and bake under the grill.
- When somewhat baked, add a few slices of cheese on each baguette slice and grill again until the cheese melts.