🏷️ Quick info
Description: Christmas Cookies with Orange Flavor
No image uploaded
📜 Ingredients for ➖ 6 ➕
- 400 g flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 200 g butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- 125 g sugar
- 1 package of vanilla sugar
- 150 g ground almonds
- 150 g sugar
- 1 orange peel
- 2 oranges, juice
- 80 g powdered sugar
- 1.5 tbsp orange juice
- 0.5 tbsp lemon juice
- Add the flour and baking powder to a bowl. Cut the butter or margarine into small cubes and mix.
- Add the other ingredients for the dough and mix. Place in the cold for at least half an hour.
- Prepare the filling, add the almonds, sugar and grated peel to a bowl. Slowly adding orange juice until you have a smooth and spreadable mass. Set aside.
- Half the dough. Roll out each to the same size (or one slightly larger), about 25x30 cm.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place one half on the (upside down) baking tray and evenly distribute the filling on top of it. Leave about half a centimeter free. Carefully place the other half of the dough over it and press the edges well with a fork. Puncture the lid with the fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven (200°C) in the middle.
- Meanwhile prepare the glazing, mixing the ingredients well. Distribute evenly on the dough as soon as it leaves the oven.
- As long as it is still very warm, cut it into diamond shaped pieces and let them cool down.